Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Big Blue Sky

Knowing Nature is back again with poems for you!


           Many, if not all, of my loyal blog readers know that I went to Yellowstone this summer. While doing a bit of research on it, I've found some poems that I'd like to share with you.

Forget all your troubles,  forget all your cares.

And go to the park with bison and bears.

 Moose go grazing. Gray wolves stalk.

 Great elk climb, and pronghorn walk. 

Rivers flow and geysers spout. 

Fir trees rise, and lilies sprout.

 Brown trout swim and falcons fly. 

All beneath a Big Blue Sky.

-Douglas Florian

          That inspired me to create a Yellowstone poem of my own. So, here goes:

Everything is calm. 

The hot springs are flat, flat as can be. The geyser is merely a hole in the ground. 

Everything is calm. 

Then the geyser bubbles... once...twice... 

and

 it

 ERUPTS!

 A wild frenzy. shouting, awe, silence at the majesty. A scramble for photos. It shoots up far above each head. And then it's gone... 

and 

Everything

 is 

calm.




2 comments:

  1. Great job! We love your posts and all of your writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing Lindsay. Loved the original poem and it made me feel like I was right there with you watching the geyser erupt! Love you!

    ReplyDelete